NIEDNER SNOW HOSE™
Designed specially for snow making, SNOW HOSE™ is a 100% polyester double jacket hose, able to handle the high pumping pressures and harsh conditions found on a ski slope. SNOW HOSE™comes with a standard high visibility yellow ENCAP™ treatment for added safety and abrasion resistance. It is flexible to -60°F (-51°C), and the tight weave of the outer jacket resists cutting and punctures. Specify a Burst Pressure of either 1200 PSIG (8400 kPa) or 1800 PSIG (12400 kPa).
Standard Lengths: 50', 66' and 100' (15.20, 20.10 and 30.50 m).
How to specify SNOW HOSE™
- The hose shall be of double jacket construction with 100% virgin spun polyester yarn in both jackets.
- There shall be a minimum of 11.0 filler yarns per inch for SNOW HOSE™ 2000 and 10.0 filler yarns per inch for SNOW HOSE™ 1200 in both the inner and outer jackets.
- The thickness of the lining shall be 0.020" (508 µm) minimum and it shall be constructed of extruded T.P.U. elastomer.
- The outside jacket shall be treated with yellow ENCAP™ elastomer, which shall completely encapsulate the jacket fibers and not merely surface coat the jacket.
- The hose service temperature range shall be -60°F to 140°F (-51°C to 60°C).
- FM abrasion test of 30,000 cycles minimum and Taber abrasion test of 5,000 cycles minimum.
- At 800 PSIG (5600 kPa), its elongation shall not exceed 8% of the initial hose length, it shall not warp more than 20 inches (51 cm) and should not rise from the test table.
- The hose shall not twist more than 1 1/2 turns per 50 ft (15,2 m) while at 800 PSIG (5600 kPa).
- Minimum service test pressure of 400 PSIG (2800 kPa).
- Minimum proof test pressure of 800 PSIG (5600 kPa).
- The hose while curved to a radius of 27" (69 cm) shall not burst at less than 1200 PSIG (8400 kPa) for SNOW HOSETM 1200 and 1800 PSIG (12400 kPa) for SNOW HOSE™ 2000.